06 October 2011

Steve Jobs: Genius (in more ways than one)

I can't believe what a lazy blogger I've been.

Since my last post, I have been incredibly busy, most especially at work! Yay! I work again! It's hard to find time for blogging and other extracurriculars because I really only work when Casey is at work, and as soon as he comes home we're always doing other things. It's funny how easy it is to just tune out the world whenever he's around.



"Home is wherever I'm with you" amirite?

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I think of other people. I find myself wanting for a clearer, more open mind. Interestingly enough, with the unfortunate death of my favorite genius Steve Jobs, a lot of his quotes are being circulated, particularly those on life. This was perhaps my favorite:

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." - Stanford University commencement address, June 2005

What a man! While I cannot fully understand this as I have no death looming over my head, no cancer to get me to look at my life, I can certainly give my all to working at this. My faults are many and I can't sit back and hide behind them anymore.

The only question now is, What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment