17 August 2011

my goodness

It seems I have been out of the blog loop for about a month and a half now. Oops.

July was a great month. We spent a lot of time going out on fun cheap dates and towards the end of the month we drove down to St Johns, Arizona for one of my family's traditional vacations. It was a little different this year as not many cousins made it out and my grandparent's weren't living in their house. My grandmother is still in a rehab center due to her recent stroke/broken hip combo and as that's an hour away from the house, my grandpa is staying with my cousin who lives much closer to the facility. It was good to see them both even if it was a little different than usual. It was a good trip for sure.


After we got back it was finally time to start packing up. We really couldn't have done it without my parents' help, they're wonderful. My dad was out of town for a few days right before we had to move out, so my mom particularly came down a lot to take my things up. In the middle of all this one day, my cousin Andrea took us zip lining, it was kind of awesome.



I couldn't seem to get my helmet on strait though... Unfortunately the zip lining was cut short by a thunderstorm, but we had a blast anyway.

We officially got everything moved out of our tiny and awesome apartment on August 5th and moved into the basement in my parents' house in Draper, just 30 minutes from Provo. While a lot of our things are boxed up still and I don't have my own kitchen (I won't be making half the awesome stuff I was... tragic.) it's still a great set up and will allow us to save a lot of money over the next few months.

Just a few days after getting here we took off for Lake Powell, which is by far my favorite part of every year and this year was no exception. It was so fun getting to spend time with all my Oveson cousins (with two exceptions, we missed Joy and Kj). I love being out on the water for a few days, separated from the world and everything. I didn't take too many pictures for fear of getting my iPhone wet, but there was wakeboarding, sea doo-ing, reading, hiking, tanning, napping, swimming, and lots of games. Ticket to Ride was by far the favorite this year (thanks, Jake!).





Perhaps the best day at Lake Powell was August 13th, the anniversary of our engagement last year. I can't believe how much time has passed, or how it feels like Casey has just always been there. I love my husband so much. Just so you guys know.

Now we're back, summer is practically over and most of the fun is past. We'll just have to wait and see what's in store next for the Walraths!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary this past weekend and I'm glad the move went well--sorry I couldn't help! We still need to hang out sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete