31 March 2011

Chicken Divan

Food is so wonderful. I'm not freaky obsessed with it like Julie Powell (of Julie & Julia fame). I don't find it comforting that cocoa, eggs and whatever else make chocolate cream pie like her. I do find movies comforting though. Like I know that no matter how many times I watch Emma, Gwyneth Paltrow will always end up with the hot guy and NOT Ewan McGregor with his nasty orange hair. Also, Nightcrawler's wife will always be super annoying and the crazy/awesome mom from Little Miss Sunshine will always be just a little slow. Ha!

Life is grand. I love my new job, I love seeing my husband every night and waking up with him every morning. I love my little apartment. I love my own kitchen. I love my new phone, I love that I'm going to California in a couple of weeks. I do not love being alone in my apartment on Thursday nights for what feels like ages, but it is a small sacrifice.

So, I love Chicken Divan. I made some on Sunday, and I imagine it was super good, I actually didn't have any... Casey did though, he said it was super good.



Recipe! This is the small version that I made, I normally make it in a 9x13, this was in a 9x9, so I'll give you the 9x9 version.

2 cooked chicken breasts (I prefer boiling for this one)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c Miracle Whip
(or 1/2 c Mayo instead of the sour cream/miracle whip combo. I prefer my way though)
Broccoli
1 tsp lemon juice
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp bread crumbs
Rice!

Okay, easy peasy. Steam enough broccoli to cover the bottom of the pan and drop it in. Mix the soup, cheese, sour cream, miracle whip and lemon juice. You can add a little water if it's too thick. Add the chicken (once cut) to the mixture and spread it over the broccoli. Melt the butter and add the bread crumbs, mix until it's back to a crumby manner, and sprinkle them over everything else. Put the pan into a preheated oven at 350 for 15 minutes. Serve hot over cooked rice.

I've been snacking for hours now. I should probably go eat some real food now.

One more thing first though: How can you not love this face:

No comments:

Post a Comment