30 March 2011

Blogging!

So a part of me feels like I've been a huge bum for the last week or so, since I haven't blogged at ALL for like a week and a half, and then the rest of me says, "If you think about it, you have TWO JOBS! And a real honest-to-goodness COMMUTE!"

Then I sigh and I say to myself, "Yeah, I guess you're right." And I keep thinking about what a bum I am for not writing (circular logic doesn't get you anywhere).

For the record though, my jobs are going great. Cleaning the condo AND watching the kids can be a pain sometimes if they don't cooperate too well, but they're getting better all the time (except for when they're getting worse. Haha, kidding), and The Farm is awesome, especially the part with a real paycheck! Haha, I feel like I haven't had one of those for a while. Iggy's paychecks don't count, I was lucky to have $10 leftover for the check after taxes attacked my tips.

All that aside, I haven't written since I made the meatballs. I don't remember everything I made between that night and now, but I can tell you there are paninis, stroganoff, chicken divan, and not enough sleep (she said as she stayed up past her 9:30pm bedtime for the 4th night in a row).

First: MEATBALLS!



They came out sooooo well. For the life of me, I do not remember which of the 20 recipes I looked at I actually used, but general consensus is that we want recipes! So here ya go, to the best of my memory:

Fairly-Classic Italian Meatballs
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c milk
1/4 c bread crumbs
oregano, parsley, basil (my 3 favorite spices, FYI)
salt, pepper
1 egg

(I really hope that's everything I used, because that's everything I remember) Dump all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Make sure you wash your hands - mix all the ingredients with your hands, squish everything in there nicely. You can add a little more milk if they aren't very damp, but don't add too much! they'll fall apart!) Ball them into the size you prefer, mine had about a 1" circumference. Place them on a pan and put them in the oven on broil until they brown, then flip them and broil the other side. Once completely brown, move them to a large skillet (I cooked them with the sauce in the skillet) and simmer for 20-30 minutes (cut one in half to see if they're well done, don't forget that ground beef HAS to be cooked all the way through!)

Serve however you want! We went for the classic spaghetti-meatballs combo, complete with un-burnt toast and salad (italian dressing, trying to stick to the theme here).

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas for our dinners? I'm starting to do things we've done before, which isn't bad, but I want to keep adding new things to our menu.

Coming up: Manicotti! And: Hopefully I don't forget to blog for a whole week again!

No comments:

Post a Comment